By Mark Rupert
This booklet examines the major debates approximately globalization and gives an in depth and incisive research of the numerous and sometimes contradictory competition to globalization in the United States.
Subjects coated include:
* the ancient context of the advance of globalization within the US within the post-war period
* competition to the North American unfastened alternate contract (NAFTA), the overall contract on exchange & price lists (GATT) & the area alternate corporation (WTO)
* the nationalist reaction to globalization from 'militia' teams and others at the severe right
* the populist backlash opposed to globalization
* fresh strikes via advocates of the unfastened marketplace to offer 'globalization with a human face'.
Read or Download Ideologies of Globalization: Contending Visions of a New World Order (RIPE Series in Global Political Economy) PDF
Similar Economic Policy Development books
This wide-ranging, interdisciplinary research blends heritage, economics, and politics to problem the present money owed of the increase of U. S. militarism. whereas acknowledging the contributory position of a few of the main widely-cited culprits, this learn explores the larger, yet mostly submerged, photograph: the political economic climate of battle and militarism.
Conflict and Social Welfare is a severe research of the internationally-led reconstruction of the social welfare courses in post-conflict Kosovo.
Due to the fact that 1945, the area has moved, haltingly yet relentlessly, towards internationalism. And with th. .. .
This learn examines the primary spatial trends of capitalist improvement and state-society relatives in Peru for the 1919-1984 interval. even if the examine specializes in the Peruvian adventure, a attention of the results of the altering internationalization of capital offers an immense worldwide size.
Additional info for Ideologies of Globalization: Contending Visions of a New World Order (RIPE Series in Global Political Economy)